Once the decision of looking for a marketing automation solution for your financial service is taken, many options arise. But before jumping into the wondrous world of automation platforms for financial marketing, in order to know what to look for, what to avoid, what priorities to set, you might first want to:
- Carry out a systematic maturity assessment of the market. It's important to know what’s your place in the full picture. Map your own capabilities to current industry expectations.
- Then, it would be of extraordinary value, to do a self-analysis, identifying the areas in your marketing department that need immediate attention and those that can wait.
Give some time to the process, it’s better to look for an automation platform with a clear idea of what is working and what needs to be fixed, and the technologies that need to be in place to make it all work.
Marketing automation software will surely help with email automation, but it can also track your campaigns, lead management and streamline and organize workflow. After all, it was made to help in your digital marketing efforts. Below is a look at some considerations to help you make sure that the automation platform you choose isn’t more trouble than it’s worth.
Maybe the first thing you should consider before going shopping for an automation platform is that there are two kinds of these products in the software market:
- “Stacks” are the ones that are usually sold by large vendors with all-in-one suites. This kind of software used to rule the market, but due to technology improvements in integration, are losing ground. They tend not to be able to keep with the pace of technology innovation.
- “Best-of-breed” are usually sold by small and more innovative vendors, and are the ones gaining ground to “stacks”. One of the good things about “best-of-breeds” is that each department can choose their own, the one that fits them better. Today, even when they use cutting edge technology they are no longer difficult to integrate with other systems and to upgrade, and can be considered a mature option since they are now viable products and services.
Marketing Automation Features
The following is a list of the marketing automation features that every platform should have to be worth considering.
- Analytics/ROI Tracking
- Drip Campaigns
- Landing Pages/Web Forms
- Social Marketing
Marketing Automation Basic Tasks
While you compare them side-by-side, keep in handy the following list of tasks. It might help you to have a better idea of what things a desirable automation platform should be able to accomplish.
- Upload a list of contacts
- Create a segment
- Create a landing page/web form
- Create an email template
- Create a drip campaign
- Generate a report
User-Friendly Marketing Automation
While considering an automation platform check how their usability, customer service and customer reviews fare and you will be able to measure how user-friendly it is. Below you’ll find what to check for each item.
- Task completion time
- Clicks to complete task
- System Usability Score (SUS)*
* SUS - a questionnaire that measures perceived ease of use.
- Implementation (# of configuration options offered)
- Training (# of resources offered)
- Support (# of services offered)
- Ease of Use
- Customer Service
There are other criteria that could be analyzed in depth and taken into consideration like affordability or popularity of a marketing automation platform for financial services, but since an automation platform is meant to ease the marketers job, not to make it more complicated, to look for the most user-friendly automation platform affordable for your company still seems to be the best option to get you on board of automation marketing and get the best of it.
Prisma Campaigns is a marketing automation platform specially design for financial institutions.
Do you want to know how it can help you?